- 62 Days of Summer
- love your earth
- climate change
- carbon footprint
May 17, 2021 | agudenburr
Today is a great day to love the planet! Respecting the Earth today ensures that we have a beautiful place to call home in the future. Use the resources and ideas below to learn about ways to enjoy nature, lower your environmental impact, and more!
Love Your Earth Book Lists
- Try upcycling! Upcycling means taking old things that might be thrown away and making them into something new. Find books about upcycling for children and adults.
- Consider making some simple swaps in your day-to-day life to reduce your waste.
- The fashion industry produces millions of tons of clothing waste every year, along with using 2% of all freshwater extraction globally. Consider greening your closet and learning more about the fashion industry.
- Climate change is a phrase often heard on the news but what does it mean? Check out this book list for both children and adults to learn more about climate change.
- Check out Canton's Green Resources including Recycling and Buying Green.
Love Your Earth Activities
Celebrate the Summer Solstice on June 20th!
Instead of taking souvenirs from nature take a photograph! Check out this 10 Nature Photography Tips for Beginners to help you get started.
Check out these Nature Lesson Videos from the Michigan DNR!
Try the Swedish trend of Plogging, jogging while picking up trash!
Your carbon footprint is a measure of the greenhouse gas emissions that your household produces. Use the EPA's Carbon Footprint Calculator and follow their tips to reduce your emissions.
Your “foodprint” is the result of everything it takes to get your food from the farm to your plate. Many of those processes are invisible to consumers. Take this FoodPrint quiz to find ways to help reduce your impact on the environment and support more sustainable options.