September 23, 2019 | gladdenk
The Chairperson, Amy Watts, called the meeting to order at 7:37 PM.
Present: N. Eggenberger, M. Farell, J. Lee, J. Pandit, A. Watts
Absent: D. Turner
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (L. Golden, P. Jenkins, D. McHugh, M. Nicholson, R. Noble, J. Parij,
N. Szczepanski) – None
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved as amended by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — None
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT
The library is 2/3 of the way through the year; Insurance is still trending high, due to premiums having to be paid in the first quarter. This will fall in line as the year progresses.
Projected revenue from meeting room rentals and State Aid to Libraries have come in higher than projected; it will be recognized in the 3rd Quarter Budget Amendment in October.
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS — Vice Chair Nancy Eggenberger asked how the new construction contract with ENGIE Engineering Services was working out. Director Eva Davis and Business Services Department Head Marian Nicholson responded enthusiastically in the affirmative.
Eggenberger also indicated her irritation with the intransigence of Kanopy in coming to an
agreement with the library over sudden, unadvertised changes in their contract with the
library. Davis stated that Information Services Manager Megan Hathaway was still waiting for
written confirmation of a tentative oral agreement she had reached with Kanopy’s sales
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS & GENERAL ORDERS
- 2020 Schedule of Board Meetings & Library Closures — N. Eggenberger moved and M Farell supported a motion to accept the 2020 Schedule of Board Meetings and Library Closures as presented.
The motion passed unanimously, 19/9-19-1.
- NEW BUSINESS
- 62 Days of Summer Program Review — Community Relations Department Head Laurie Golden stated that in the second year of the current summer program, participation increased by approximately 51%. The trend lines for library circulation and program attendance rose steadily throughout the summer. Participant evaluations indicated satisfaction with the program concept and willingness to participate in future.
- Proposed Revision to Patron Code of Conduct — This policy was last updated in 2016; the revisions being proposed are the result of suggestions that were made by the security monitors and the library’s legal counsel, Anne Seurynck.
N. Eggenberger requested that “Policy” in #7 be changed to “Policies.” Questions regarding
changes made to #11 (removing mention of all consequences within the document and
consolidating them at the end) and #16 (clarifying that use of legal products such as
marijuana is nonetheless prohibited on library property) were answered.
- Director’s Performance Evaluation Committee — Chair Amy Watts, Vice Chair N. Eggenberger and Secretary/Treasurer Jane Pandit will serve on this committee. M. Nicholson will come to their first meeting to offer facts, figures and advice as needed.
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM.