May 17, 2021 | obrienbc
Have you ever wanted to try a new sport? If you said yes, you've landed on the right square! So if you've always wanted to smack at a tennis or golf ball, jump on a bike or in a canoe, strap on some running or walking shoes, the summer months provide the best conditions to go outside, enjoy some fresh air and get healthy. In addition, you'll make new friends, challenge yourself, get out of your comfort zone and best of all have fun! Take this BBC 60 second test to see what sport you are made for.*
There are many resources available to help you complete the Try a New Sport square in our 62 Days summer program.
*Before embarking upon any sporting activity, you should seek the advice of your physician.
Give it a Go!
Discover what Hoopla* has to offer in the world of sports. Here's just a sampling:
- How to Break Par (movie) - Join A.J. Bonar as he covers the essential shots that you will need to improve your golf game and finally break par.
- Soccer Shooting Drills (movie) -demonstrates more than 30 creative, fun, and technical shooting drills for soccer athletes dedicated to perfecting and enhancing their scoring fundamentals.
- Weird Sports Series (ebooks) - Young readers can learn about unusual sports and games from all over the world.
- Run Better (ebook) - practical, illustrated, and scientifically grounded guide to improving your running technique and preventing injury.
- Learn to Play Pickleball (ebook) -Young readers learn about this fun sport with a funny name!
*Hoopla is accessible with a Canton Public Library card.
Try our Pokeman Go Walking Club program!
Thursday, June 17 - 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM — Outdoors
Thursday, July 8 - 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM — Outdoors
Thursday, July 29 - 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM — Outdoors
Lit Lab Production Dance Your Cares Aware program - Saturday, July 31 - 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM — Online
Bike Michigan - Find a bike trail using Pure Michigan's trail locator.
Lower Rouge River Recreation Trail - Hike, bike or run right in Canton and it's surrounding areas.
Canton Leisure Services offers sport classes and clinics for all ages.
Canton Summit Outdoor Fitness Classes - Free to members and $5 per class for non-members.