Complete this 62 Days activity by learning something you didn’t know before about the Canton Public Library, or by asking us your questions about how the library works.
Exercise Your Curiosity about the Library
Thorndyke the Bear
1200 S. Canton Center Road
Canton, MI 48188
- Write a letter to Thorndyke. Our resident bear loves seeing your faces and hearing about you. Thorndyke will respond to a selection of questions and comments he receives weekly on his blog. Simply address your letter to
- Use the “Ask a Librarian” option on our Contact Us form to ask a reference question remotely.
Use Social Media to ask us a question, tell us how we are doing, or learn more. Find and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Meet the Staff
- Learn more about Thorndyke, our library bear. You can find his life story on Flickr, or you can take a look at his family album.
- Learn more about the folks who make the library tick. Explore a limited staff directory and meet a few of the people who keep CPL up and running.
Explore Hidden Gems of the Library
- Have you noticed the art located in and around the library? For a full tour, take our art walk online.
- Get a quick look at our sorting room, our hub for all returning materials. This is where all the books that are returned via our outdoor Book Drop.
Learn about Library Beginnings
Take a Deeper Dive into Libraries
Explore these resources to learn even more about libraries beyond the Canton Public Library. We are just a small part of a larger tradition of community service.