This year Children's Book Week is from May 4 to May 10, 2020. It's a week dedicated to one of my favorite things. Every day I sit by the window surrounded by shelves of these amazing treasures. These books hold so many amazing, fantastic, touching, beautiful, funny, and inspiring stories and it is such a pleasure to see them go home with all of you.
I won't be able to see you this week, but you can still check out children's ebooks so that you can celebrate all your favorite titles. Every Child a Reader also provides printable resources to help you join the fun:
- Color these these coloring book pages, made by children's book illustrators.
- Print and complete these bookmark and activity sheets, created by other children's book illustrators.
- Take the Children's Book Week Challenge, full of ideas to keep you reading all week long.
- Use this Book Sharing Tool to recommend your favorite story to a friend.
- Color and hang up this blank version of the 2020 Children's Book Week poster.
I hope you enjoy these activities. You could even come up with your own way to commemorate Children's Book Week at home. If you want to share your celebration, use #BookWeek2020 and #BookWeek2020atHome to join the festivities on social media. I miss you.