Bored after school? Need a study break? No worries, we've got fun activities in our Teen Space that are just right for your busy schedule. Stop by for 5 or 50 minutes, whatever works for you. Learn something new, meet a new friend, or just relieve some stress.
Join us to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Children's Book Week from April 29th - May 5th.
It's a great time to acknowledge your favorite children's books, authors, and illustrators OR to find new favorites to share. Get involved on your own, or participate with family and friends while you explore the amazing world of children's books.
Our week-long festivities offer many opportunities to join in the fun.
- Register for Lit Lab: Children's Book Week, open to families with kids ages 4-9 (Monday, April 29th).
- Dress up as children's book character and visit the Children's Reference Desk for a special prize (all week).
- Pick up Children's Book Week activities and bookmarks, available on the Children's Reference Desk (all week).
- Stop by for Free Comic Book day and May the Fourth (Saturday, May 4th).
- Bonus: this is also Screen Free Week, and you can find activities at screenfree.org.
Do you love Diary of a Wimpy Kid? Have you read the books or seen the movies? Maybe you just want to read the books and know a lot about the world of Greg Heffley and are hoping to avoid the cheese touch? If any of that sounds like you, then we have got you covered. Patrons aged 10-13 are welcomed to join us for food, crafts, art, and activities related to the popular middle-grade Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney. Registration required.
*Disclaimer: This might be a book club